The professions of Mr. Miller, Mr. Painter, Mr. Treasurer and Mr. Hunter are: a miller, a painter, a treasurer and a hunter. However, none of them has a name identifying their profession. They made four statements:
- Mr. Miller is the hunter
- Mr. Treasurer is the miller.
- Mr. Painter is not the hunter.
- Mr. Hunter is not the painter.
According to those statements, the painter must be Mr. Painter, but this cannot be correct. Three of the four statements are false.
Who is the treasurer?
For this logic puzzle you have to determine the surnames of four people, their position in a cake-bake competition and what cake they baked.
The first names are: James, Ben, Vicky and Nigel
The surnames are: Jones, Stevens, Andrews and Best
Positions are: 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th
Cakes baked are: Chocolate cake, Cheese cake, Fruit cake and Sponge cake.
1. James Best beat Vicky by two places.
2. Bens' fruit cake beat Mrs. Stevens' son, who came in 3rd.
3. The sponge cake, despite being a bit bland, got in the top three.
4. The judges obviously had a sweet tooth, as the Chocolate cake came in 2nd place.
5. Jones's mother cried as she watched her son take 1st prize.
What are the full names of the top four, what position did they come and what cake did they bake?