All about flooble | fun stuff | Get a free chatterbox | Free JavaScript | Avatars    
perplexus dot info

Home > Probability
4 options (Posted on 2017-07-10) Difficulty: 2 of 5
The members of a group travelling to Venice were offered by their travel agency 4 additional disjoint options of their choice.

Knowing that each option was selected by 80% of the members, what minimal percentage p choose ALL THE 4 OPTIONS?

No Solution Yet Submitted by Ady TZIDON    
No Rating

Comments: ( Back to comment list | You must be logged in to post comments.)
Solution Solution Comment 3 of 3 |
If 80% of the members chose an option then the remaining 20% did not choose that option.

The minimum percentage of people who took all four options is the complement to the maximum percentage of people who did not take all four options.

Four options each with 20% not taking the option means that at most 20%*4=80% did not take some option.  This maximum occurs when the members not taking each option are four disjoint groups (nobody chose to not take two or more options).

Then that leaves a minumum of 100%-80%=20% of members who took all four options.

  Posted by Brian Smith on 2017-07-10 21:43:26
Please log in:
Login:
Password:
Remember me:
Sign up! | Forgot password


Search:
Search body:
Forums (0)
Newest Problems
Random Problem
FAQ | About This Site
Site Statistics
New Comments (3)
Unsolved Problems
Top Rated Problems
This month's top
Most Commented On

Chatterbox:
Copyright © 2002 - 2017 by Animus Pactum Consulting. All rights reserved. Privacy Information