- All, who neither dance on tight ropes nor eat peanut butter, are tall.
- Creatures with spikey hair who look silly will go swimming if they do not dance on tight-ropes.
- A kangaroo looks silly wearing sunglasses.
- A smart creature will always do what he ought to do.
- No one ought to go swimming who looks silly and eats peanut butter.
- A smart driver wears sunglasses.
- Kangaroos that have sneezing fits are avoided.
- Short creatures who go driving have sneezing fits.
- No creatures ought to dance on tight-ropes if they have sneezing fits.
- All, who do not dance on tight-ropes and who are avoided, have spikey hair.
Therefore, no short kangaroos who are smart...
I posted a partial solution to this one, but it's not there. Any idea?
I said, "Assume kanga drives," then worked all the way through things showing kanga didn't swim and kanga didn't dance on tight ropes.
Unfortunately, kanga might not drive, but since the solution says "No smart kangaroos who are smart ... " Then the answer is either swims, dances tight rope, or both.
That's as close as I've gotten.
Posted by Lawrence
on 2003-08-28 19:28:14