At a family reunion, I met four distant cousing who are all in the US military. They each came in their dress uniforms, two from the Army, and two from the Navy. When I asked them their names, and where they were stationed, Terry and Tracy told the truth, but Lee and Loren lied. This was especially confusing because all four names could belong to either a man or a woman. Here is what they each said:
- The male sailor is Terry.
- Tracy isn't stationed in Afghanistan.
- The female sailor isn't Terry.
- Loren isn't the person stationed in Texas.
- The male soldier is Lee.
- The female sailor is Loren.
- A sailor is stationed in Hawaii.
- Tracy is stationed in Afghanistan.
Help me figure out who is who, and where they are all stationed (one is in Kuwait).
(In reply to solution
I see the puzzle now makes the answer unambiguous by changing the female soldier's second statement statement to indicate there is in fact someone stationed in Texas. So the first column of stationments in my solution is the unique correct one.
Posted by Charlie
on 2003-09-01 20:51:42