- How many letters does the correct answer to this question contain?
- What is one more than the number of letters in the correct answer to this question?
- What is two more than the number of letters in the correct answer to this question?
- What is the lowest number n for which you cannot answer the question: "What is n more than the number of letters in the correct answer to this question," if you have to give a simple answer (in words)?
- Or, see how far you can go and still come up with an expression to answer that same question for some n.
Find as many answers as you can for each question (also see here
for some interesting ideas).
Hmmm, going for Aaron's approach, which was also what I had in mind, you can do several more less obvious answers, such as:
Given that the sentence "This solution has thirty-three letters" is a correct solution, the answer above must also be correct.
I guess using this approach in finding answers to 4 & 5 would be futile, though...
Posted by Sam
on 2003-09-10 23:59:44