Preparing breakfast for Will and her five other boarders before they set out for work each morning keeps Mrs. Finnegan very busy. Her task is made somewhat easier, however, by the fact that each young man has the same breakfast every morning---either eggs or pancakes, accompanied by either bacon, ham, or sausage. Each one also has either coffee, tea, or milk. No two have exactly the same breakfast. It should be added that Mrs. Finnegan has a firm rule: She will not prepare any dish for only one person. From the following clues can you determine what each boarder has for breakfast?
1. Al, who does not like sausage, usually sits next to the boarder who breakfasts on bacon and pancakes.
2. Bob and Chuck both have ham.
3. Peter does not care for bacon.
4. Ned does not like pancakes.
5. Bob has coffee.
6. The sausage eaters have tea; two of the pancake eaters have coffee; the other two boarders drink milk.
7. More than two of the boarders have eggs.
(In reply to re(2): Full Solution
When entering text with pre and /pre, the next paragraph after the closing /pre never word wraps. After closing a pre with /pre on this venue it's always a good idea to put a short paragraph just after the closing /pre. Lacking anything to put in a short paragraph, I usually put a line of hyphens.
Posted by Charlie
on 2003-08-23 15:32:13