Bird feeders are much appreciated by our feathered friends during the cold winter months. One chilly morning, Mrs. Allison and four neighbors each filled her feeder with a different kind of food and watched a different type of bird come for a bite.
From the information given, determine the number on each woman's house, the type of food she put out, and which bird she saw.
- Cake crumbs were put out by Mrs. Brewer's next-door neighbor, while Mrs. Chandler put out toast.
- Mrs. Emery, who did not see a sparrow, lives at number 8. Mrs. Dennis is not at number 10.
- Mrs. Allison was visited by a thrush, while a robin enjoyed a taste of suet.
- Birdseed was put out at the house located between the one where a cardinal ate and the one visited by a sparrow.
- The blackbird visited the bird feeder at number 2, which was not filled with bread.
(In reply to This is deja vu all over again
Welcome to Flooble. You seem like a very smart person and I bet you will be come a vary valuable member of the Flooble community.
This is a math kinds place and it sounds like you are ready to leap into the glorious math pantheon of Levik, Charlie et al. I thnk you will find their frank discussion (as well as that of DJ, fwaff and all the rest) quite stimulating.
If I might make a suggestion, how about laying off teh criticism of other people's submissions? you ahve posted 7 comments on three problems and two of them have been complaints. IF you do not like a problme, give it a low rating (thats what the ratings are for.) Any regular flooblers will be surprised to read me defending silverknight but, you know, he found an interesting problem that folks seem to like. WHo cares if it was somewhere else first? After all most puzzles probably are, as mathematicians have had a darn long time to think them up.
As for yor clever problem by including it in a comment, why not jsut post it the proper way? SK waited a darn long time to get his problems on, and he did so quite patiently with nary a complaint. Why can't you wait in line just like everyone else.
I'm done, thats my grip for the day
Posted by FatBoy
on 2003-11-28 16:47:41