Bird feeders are much appreciated by our feathered friends during the cold winter months. One chilly morning, Mrs. Allison and four neighbors each filled her feeder with a different kind of food and watched a different type of bird come for a bite.
From the information given, determine the number on each woman's house, the type of food she put out, and which bird she saw.
- Cake crumbs were put out by Mrs. Brewer's next-door neighbor, while Mrs. Chandler put out toast.
- Mrs. Emery, who did not see a sparrow, lives at number 8. Mrs. Dennis is not at number 10.
- Mrs. Allison was visited by a thrush, while a robin enjoyed a taste of suet.
- Birdseed was put out at the house located between the one where a cardinal ate and the one visited by a sparrow.
- The blackbird visited the bird feeder at number 2, which was not filled with bread.
(In reply to re(2): This is deja vu all over again
I am perfectly sure FatBoy doesn't know how to spell teh or ahve even though they are common words, and I am positive that you don't know what he means at all. You haven't been able to see the chatterbox, so of course you don't know where I am coming from from here. You also couldn't have read the forums where another such event happened, where someone used sarcasm less well so that nobody knew that person was joking.
You also get the right to criticize a few things that none of us others do. First of all, your less than perfect sarcastic skills, and the fact that you are proposing a puzzle then saying that "any idiot could figure it out in a few seconds".
Does this sound silly? I hope so... I had recently learned the limits of sarcasm; it's not terrible, but it's not the best approach. If we could post comments like FatBoy did, trying to have patience when people insult problems and when people try to explain problems that would get posted on the site with difficulty 1, Flooble would be a nicer place. If we could ignore some problems that might seem "childishly easy. You just draw a few tables, eliminate possibilites, etc. No real insight or higher intelligence is required." and leave them for the people who prefer challenging puzzles lesser puzzles, it would be better.
Posted by Gamer
on 2003-11-28 18:13:55