Here is a cool and comical word square I read about which has both across and down clues.
1: What dogs do
2: What sharks do
3: What you do when you eat
4: What I might tell you: ___ me
2: Optical Organs
This "solution" doesn't match the puzzle parameters....but it's Monday.....
1. What dogs do = GOTO, the ubiquitous command used by doggy programmers.
2. What sharks do = ARAB. Many sharks patrol the Arabian Sea.
3. What you do when you eat = OBOE. I like to play the oboe as I dine.
4. What I might tell you = LSSY ME !! (Irish slang for "Listen to me!!")
1. GAOL (prison). Insects often infest prisons, so much so that bedbugs and cockroaches seem synonymous with the prison experience (so I've heard).
2. ORBS are optical organs.
3. TAOS (Plural of Tao). A comedian (Jerry Seinfeld?) once wrote a book titled "The Tao Of Comedy". So even ridicule can be done according to the Tao, that is, flowing in harmony with the essential nature of the person or thing being ridiculed.
4. OBEY (a way for a married person to comfort his/her spouse).
Edited on May 10, 2004, 7:54 am
Posted by Penny
on 2004-05-10 07:50:45