All about flooble | fun stuff | Get a free chatterbox | Free JavaScript | Avatars    
perplexus dot info

Home > General > Word Problems
What are you doing and where are you from? (Posted on 2004-04-14) Difficulty: 2 of 5
What is the only word in the English language that when capitalized is changed from a noun or a verb to a nationality?

See The Solution Submitted by Popstar Dave    
Rating: 2.8000 (10 votes)

Comments: ( Back to comment list | You must be logged in to post comments.)
Some Thoughts ...but english isn't English! | Comment 31 of 40 |

With Penny and Tristan discussing the finer points of 'either', 'or' and 'and', I thought I'd join pedants corner and point out that 'english/English' isn't a valid answer. The problem states that the word must be in the English language and the word 'english' has no meaning in English - it's a US English word.

FWIW the US English word 'english' translates to either 'side' or 'screw' in English.

  Posted by fwaff on 2004-04-15 03:17:16
Please log in:
Remember me:
Sign up! | Forgot password

Search body:
Forums (0)
Newest Problems
Random Problem
FAQ | About This Site
Site Statistics
New Comments (4)
Unsolved Problems
Top Rated Problems
This month's top
Most Commented On

Copyright © 2002 - 2018 by Animus Pactum Consulting. All rights reserved. Privacy Information