Home > Logic
|The Midville Muddlers (Posted on 2005-04-15)
In this problem the puzzles each contain a series of statements. However you will find (or will have to find) that one statement is false. It will be necessary for you to find the false one in order to solve the puzzle.
The Midville Muddlers baseball team depends on four players to score most of their runs. The positions of the four are the three outfielders (rightfielder, centerfielder, and leftfielder) and the catcher. From the statements that follow, determine the first name (Henry, Ken, Leo, or Stan), surname (Dodson, Brooks, Clements, or Ashley), position, and batting average of each player. (The averages: .280, .295, .310, .325)
1. Neither Leo nor the catcher has a batting average over .300.
2. Three who are neighbors are Clements, the rightfielder, and the player who bats .325.
3. The centerfielder bats .295.
4. Stan's batting average is 30 points higher than that of Ken, who does not live near any of the other three.
5. Brooks and Henry, who is not Ashley, both bat over .300 and are in competition to see which will score the most runs this season.
6. Henry, who is neither the rightfielder nor the leftfielder, has a lower batting average than the catcher.
Remember one of these is false.
No Solution Yet
Submitted by ron
Rating: 3.5556 (9 votes)
I just love these
| Comment 7 of 22 |
It always cracks me up to see the effort that people put into these puzzles. I just went through each clue 1 at a time until I came across a contridiction - #6 Took me like 5 mins and then I rechecked my solution against the first 5 clues to be sure I hadnt missed something.
Henry Dodson Left .325
Ken Ashley Catch .280
Leo Clement Center .295
Stan Brook Right . 310
Stan, Leo and Henry are neighbors
#6 is false
Posted by Trish
on 2005-04-18 22:04:46
Please log in:
About This Site
New Comments (2)
Top Rated Problems
This month's top
Most Commented On