For Halloween one year four children, who are good friends, decided that they would each wear a different costume for trick-or-treating together.
One wore a skeleton costume, one dressed up as a pirate, one wore a scary witch costume, and one dressed up as Robin Hood.
From the statements that follow, what is the surname (either Finley, Smith, or Dixon) of each child, and what was the costume each wore?
1. Jimmy and Molly, neither of whom wore a pirate costume or a witch costume, are brother and sister.
2. The Smith boy lives across the street from Jimmy and Molly; he didn't wear a witch costume.
3. Billy lives several blocks away, and he didn't wear a pirate costume.
4. The one who wore a skeleton costume was the hit of the evening. He was not Sam.
5. One of the Dixons wore a Robin Hood costume.
Jimmy Dixon wore the Skeleton costume,
Molly Dixon wore the Robin Hood costume,
Billy Finley wore the witch costume,
Sam Smith wore the pirate costume.
you know jimmy and molly are dixons. smith lives across the
street from them but billy lives down the road, so billy is the finley
and sam is the smith. billy didn't wear the pirate costume or the
robin hood costume. sam didn't wear the skeleton or the robinhood or
the witch. so sam wore the pirate costume. that leaves billy for the
witch costume and it says that the skeleton was a boy so jimmy wore the
skeleton and molly the robin hood...sorry if this is a repeat of a
solution, didn't read the posted ones, just read and solved.
Posted by Mahina
on 2005-08-23 23:25:12