Anne, Bernice and Claudia are three remarkable women, each having some remarkable characteristics.
(1) Just two are intelligent, just two are beautiful, just two are artistic and just two are rich.
(2) No one has more than three characteristics.
(3) Of Anne it is true that : if she is intelligent, she is rich.
(4) Of Bernice and Claudia it is true that: if she is beautiful, she is artistic.
(5) Of Anne and Claudia it is true that: if she is rich, she is artistic.
Who is not rich? (Show your reasoning)
Assuming that the wording means that each woman can have the characteristic of the THEN clause without being required to first have the characteristic of the IF clause, then the following rules and table hold true:
A: If Intelligent then Rich
A: If Rich then Artistic
B: If Beatutiful then Artistic
C: If Beautiful then Artistic
C: If Rich then Artistic
| Int | Bea | Art | Ric
A | | X | X | X
B | X | | | X
C | X | X | X |
Posted by Erik O.
on 2005-06-22 14:20:27