Take, for example, the word INTERPOLATE
. It could be broken into 3, INT / ERPOL / ATE
, and with these three blocks, you can make the anagrams TIN
, all English words. Since you broke the initial word in three, your score is 3. Or, you could cut your score to 2, by breaking it into INTERPO / LATE
, to form POINTER
. Note that LATE
would not be allowed in the latter solution, because each answer word must
involve some rearrangement of letters.
If you have trouble anagramming a block, you may add one or more additional letters of your choice, in order to form a word. Each added letter, however, counts as 2 (as a penalty) for your score. If you canīt find any solution for a given word, add 4 points to your score. Contractions, hyphenated words, and capitalized words are not allowed in answers, but plurals and past tense forms of verbs are fine.
Below are 8 words, and I achieve with them a score of 20. Can you match my score or, maybe, achieve a better one?
1. UNSTEADILY 2. INCONSIDERATE 3. ORCHESTRATION 4. SOMNAMBULANCE
5. UNFORTUNATELY 6. MISADAPTATIONS 7. ANTEPENULTIMATE 8. DISENFRANCHISEMENT
1. UNSTEADILY Tune Daily (2)
2. INCONSIDERATE Coin Sin Red Tea (4)
3. ORCHESTRATION Chore Star Into (3)
4. SOMNAMBULANCE Mason Bum Clean (3)
5. UNFORTUNATELY Fun Tor Tuna Ley (4)
6. MISADAPTATIONS Midas Pa At It Son (5)
7. ANTEPENULTIMATE Tan Pee Until Team (4)
8. DISENFRANCHISEMENT Id Ferns Machines Net (4)
Total for words = 29.
Posted by Juggler
on 2005-07-21 22:15:02