All about flooble | fun stuff | Get a free chatterbox | Free JavaScript | Avatars    
perplexus dot info

Home > General > Word Problems
Try Top Typing! (Posted on 2005-09-15) Difficulty: 2 of 5
What ten-letter (or longer) words in the English language can be typed using only the top row of keys on a keyboard?

Hint: the letters can be used more than once.

How about using only the middle row keys? Keys on left side (the left of T, G, and B)? On the right side (the right of Y, H, and N)?

No Solution Yet Submitted by j441167    
Rating: 3.7500 (4 votes)

Comments: ( Back to comment list | You must be logged in to post comments.)
Some Thoughts An answer to the first question of four Comment 19 of 19 |
As the puzzle does not establish which type of keyboard is used (QWERTY, DVORAK, QWERTZU, AZERTY, HCESAR, etc.), I offer the 13-letter SHARECROPPERS as one of the words.
HCESAR keyboard: top row of letters: HCESAROPZ.

Note: The actual top row of most of the standard keyboards do not usually sport any letters of the English alphabet but the Arabic numerals with some special characters. [An exception to any is the & ("ampersand"), as at one time it was considered part of the English alphabet.]. It is therefore assumed the "top row of keys" mentioned refers to the top row of letters on the keyboard. It may also be assumed that the QWERTY keyboard is the one referenced, yet it is this latter assumption that I've chosen not to assume.
  Posted by Dej Mar on 2012-04-13 15:55:15
Please log in:
Remember me:
Sign up! | Forgot password

Search body:
Forums (44)
Newest Problems
Random Problem
FAQ | About This Site
Site Statistics
New Comments (2)
Unsolved Problems
Top Rated Problems
This month's top
Most Commented On

Copyright © 2002 - 2019 by Animus Pactum Consulting. All rights reserved. Privacy Information