All about flooble | fun stuff | Get a free chatterbox | Free JavaScript | Avatars    
perplexus dot info

Home > General > Word Problems
Shorten and halve (Posted on 2005-09-21) Difficulty: 2 of 5
A six letter word, that when you take out its last letter, becomes half of its meaning. What word is it?

No Solution Yet Submitted by j441167    
Rating: 4.2000 (5 votes)

Comments: ( Back to comment list | You must be logged in to post comments.)
re: I hope this isn't it | Comment 12 of 32 |
(In reply to I hope this isn't it by Old Original Oskar!)

OOO, I knew this one too, and Im resisting to accept all the possible "answers" given so far.

I hope that the answer is in fact a special word, not a plural, that you cut the "s" and becomes half, even why plural doesnt mean "double", live "gloves" (could be two, three, ... cloves) - glove (1 glove), or things (two, three, ... things) - thing (one thing), or generalising any noun that you choose. Or, if a plural, cuting the "s", become a word that means only "one".

I dont know if Im making myself clear. I would accept an answer like (if a five letters word) "twins" - "twin", though even this one could be attacked. 



  Posted by pcbouhid on 2005-09-23 20:31:44
Please log in:
Remember me:
Sign up! | Forgot password

Search body:
Forums (0)
Newest Problems
Random Problem
FAQ | About This Site
Site Statistics
New Comments (2)
Unsolved Problems
Top Rated Problems
This month's top
Most Commented On

Copyright © 2002 - 2018 by Animus Pactum Consulting. All rights reserved. Privacy Information