I have six tiles numbered 1 to 6. Each is a different shape, (triangle, circle, square, pentagon, hexagon and octagon) and painted a different color (red, orange, blue, yellow, green and purple.)
I arranged the tiles in two rows of 3.
1) The top row formed an odd number and the bottom row a prime number
2) In the bottom row the colors were in reverse alphabetical order.
3) The Blue Number 1 was between the orange tile and the Circle;
4) The Hexagon was directly above the Red triangle numbered 4.
5) One tile has a color and shape beginning with the same letter.
Can you reproduce the layout?
Well, I got this far.
Orange Hexagon 2, Blue 1, Yellow Circle 5
Red Triangle 4, Purple Pentagon 6, Green 3
I've reread the hints a bunch of times, but I can't see anything that will tell me which shapes the last two tiles are. Is there missing information, or is this a trick of some sort?
Posted by TamTam
on 2007-02-24 15:27:53