I have six tiles numbered 1 to 6. Each is a different shape, (triangle, circle, square, pentagon, hexagon and octagon) and painted a different color (red, orange, blue, yellow, green and purple.)
I arranged the tiles in two rows of 3.
1) The top row formed an odd number and the bottom row a prime number
2) In the bottom row the colors were in reverse alphabetical order.
3) The Blue Number 1 was between the orange tile and the Circle;
4) The Hexagon was directly above the Red triangle numbered 4.
5) One tile has a color and shape beginning with the same letter.
Can you reproduce the layout?
(In reply to re: Missing information? ... Hmmm...
With the "missing information" -- that the shapes on the bottom row are also in reverse alphabetical order -- the following layout should be the solution:
Orange Hexagon numbered 2
Blue Square numbered 1
Yellow Circle numbered 5
Red Triangle numbered 4
Purple Pentagon numbered 6
Green Octagon numbered 3
Posted by Dej Mar
on 2007-02-24 17:43:00