Jane and four other readers of mystery thriller writer Michael Connelly's work recently held a trading lunch at which each exchanged her favorite novel by the author for a book she hadn't read. The trading back-and-forth among the five lasted several rounds before each settled on a new novel to read.
1. Ms. Rider ended up with the book Anne brought to trade.
2. Ms. Walling didn't end up with Blood Work.
3. The reader who acquired The Poet really wanted City of Bones, but she never had that novel in her possession at any time during the trading-back-and-forth.
4. After the trading, Ms. McCaleb took home Beth's favorite.
5. After all the trading was done, no two of the fans ended up simply exchanging the Michael Connelly novels they brought to trade.
6. The book Ms. Walling brought ended up going home with Ms. Bosch.
7. Faith and Ms. McCaleb got their favorite Michael Connelly novels as birthday gifts.
8. Pam didn't acquire either Blood Work or The Narrows from the trading.
9. Anne, who isn't Ms. Haller, isn't the one who ended up with City of Bones.
10. At one point during the swapping of books, Faith traded The Lincoln Lawyer to Ms. Haller for City of Bones; neither of the ladies brought either of those two novels to the trading table and neither took either of those two books home with her.
11. Beth, Ms. Rider, and Ms. Haller conducted a post-trade analysis when they drove home from lunch together.
From the clues given above, determine each reader's full name, the Michael Connelly mystery she started with, and the novel she took home with her from the bartering.
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CNg201%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="City"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="place"></o:smarttagtype><style>
Hi Charlie, according to your solution Pam Haller acquired The Poet. This contradicts clues #3
and #10 as far as I can
My Analytic solution was:
Haller – Came with: The <st1:place>Narrows</st1:place>; Left with: Blood Work.
Anne McCaleb – Came with: City of <st1:city><st1:place>Bones</st1:place></st1:city>; Left
with: The <st1:city><st1:place>Lincoln</st1:place></st1:city> Lawyer.
Beth Bosch – Came with: The <st1:city><st1:place>Lincoln</st1:place></st1:city> Lawyer; Left with: The Poet.
Faith Walling – Came with: The Poet; Left
with: The <st1:place>Narrows</st1:place>.
Pam Rider – Came with: Blood Work; Left
with: City of <st1:city><st1:place>Bones</st1:place></st1:city>.
Sorry for being lazy and not writing my analysis.
Posted by Nir
on 2010-05-27 16:59:43