Using the information given below, place the letters A to P inclusive in a 4x4 square grid, such that no square is vacant and each square contains a different letter.
- I is to the right of H and below B.
- C is to the left of N and above H which is to the right of P.
- P is below O and to the left of I.
- M is below A which is also to the left of I.
- K and F are to the right of L which is below G.
- J is below D which is to the left of G and M.
- E is above K and below B.
: "Above/below" refers to two letters in the same column. "Left of / right of" refers to two letters in the same row.
After moving around some letters in 3 or 4 grids, by erasing and re-writing, I've come up with:
O C N B
P H A I
D G M E
J L F K
It fits the clues, but uniqueness is not guaranteed, as no program search was done.
Posted by Charlie
on 2010-11-04 11:49:43