My password is an English noun, consisting of five distinct letters.
It has no common letters with either
and shares two letters with the word
PLACE and two letters with the word
a. Find my password.
b. Is it the only word that fits the description?
(In reply to from my computer's word list
Looks as if we came up with nearly the same word list -
- beaux - plural of beau: the boyfriend of a woman or girl; a dandy; a fop
- bunce - a sudden unexpected piece of good fortune
- clung - a fruit, especially a peach, whose flesh adheres strongly to the pit
- fluke - any of various flatfishes; trematode; a barb or barbed head; one of the two horizontal flattened divisions of the tail of a whale; a stroke of good luck; a chance occurance; an accident
- ganef - a thief, scoundrel or rascal
- ganev - ganef; a thief, scoundrel or rascal
- gulch - a narrow gorge or ravine; flume
- jugal - the jugal bone, also known as the zygomatic bone, cheekbone or malar bone
- laugh - the act of laughing; the sound of laughter; (informal) a joke; something amusing, absurd or contemptible; fun; amusement
- punka - a machine for fanning a room, especially in India made of a palm frond or cloth strip hung from the ceiling and moved by a servant
- plunk - a short hollow twanging sound; (informal) a heavy blow or stroke
- Pujah - Puja or Pooja: (Hinduism) a form of worship that relates to dedication and belief
- punch - a tool for: (1) piercing, (2) forcing a 'pin' out of a hole, (3) stamping a design on a surface, (4) making a countersink; a blow with the fist; vigor or drive; a beverage of fruit juices
- quake - the instance of quaking; an earthquake
- quean - a disreputable woman; a prostitute
- quena - a recorderlike Andean flute having a notched mouthpiece
- vegan - a strict vegetarian
- whaup - (chiefly Scottish) a European curlew
In addition to PUNCH and QUAKE, BUNCE also shares the property that the two letters it shares with PLACE (CE) and the two letters it shares with PURGE (UE) are in the same positions.
Edited on September 1, 2010, 7:23 am
Posted by Dej Mar
on 2010-09-01 05:02:55