Esther is engaged. Her fiancé is either Arthur, Barton, Claude, or Dexter.
- Each of the four men and Esther is a knight or a liar.
- Arthur says: "Exactly one of us four men is a knight."
- Barton says: "Exactly one of us four men is a liar."
- Claude says: "Arthur or Barton is Esther’s fiancé."
- Esther says: "My fiancé and I are either
both knights, or both of us are liars."
Who is Esther's fiancé?
A is a Liar (which means wither they are all liars or there is more than one knight)
B is a Knight (which means that A is the only Liar and C and D are knights)
C is a Knight (which means A or B is E's Fiance)
E may be a Liar or a Knight (In either case this means she is married to a Knight and so B is her Fiance)
Posted by scott
on 2013-04-12 08:10:08