a +---------+ | | | | j| |b | | | | | | i| |c | | | | d | +---------+ h| | | |e | | +-------------------+ g fAt the table:
- Amelia's husband sat next to Dennis' wife.
- Beulah's husband was the only man who sat alone at one side of the table.
- Carrie's husband was the only man who sat between two women.
- No woman sat between two women.
- Each man sat opposite his wife.
- Elwood's wife sat on the Professor's right.
(i) "Between two women" means to the left of one woman and to the right of another woman, around the perimeter of the table.
(ii) Similarly "sat next to" means either immediately to the right or, immediately to the left of a given seat around the perimeter of the table. For example, chair-e and chair-f are next to each other.