Vera wants to go on a date and prefers her date to be tall, dark and handsome.
- Of the preferred traits - tall, dark and handsome - no two of Adam, Boyd, Cary and Dirk have the same number.
- Only one of Adam or Dirk is tall and fair.
- Only one of Boyd or Cary is short and handsome.
- Adam and Cary are either both tall or both short.
- Boyd and Dirk are either both dark or both fair.
Who is tall, dark and handsome?
I believe there are 2 valid solutions:
it is either Cary (all the traits), Dirk(none) or
Dirk (all the traits), Adam(none).
Vera - you still have 2 choices..
Being human, I stopped when one solution was found, no reason for program to act like that.
In puzzles like this I usually assume a solution
and when facing a contradiction go to the next candidate.
Here I have chosen Adam as a perfect match, then Boyd .
Finding Cury - no chance was given to Dirk.