Three goblins traveling together chanced to encounter a giant, who was alone, and two ogres, who were walking together. A skirmish broke out among them and all combatants suffered bumps and bruises. . Their weapons included 3 clubs, 2 staves, and 1 sling, used for hurling stones.
- The names of the six contenders were: Opi, Rido, Som, Sumo, Tor and Zeb.
- No goblin used a staff, nor did Tor.
- The two ogres used different weapons.
- The sling was used by one of the goblins.
- Som, who was not an ogre, used a staff.
- Opi did not use a club, nor was he a goblin.
- Tor and Zeb used different weapons.
From the above statements, find out which ones were the goblins, which ones were the ogres, which one was the giant, and what weapon did each use?
Who are the non-goblins? From clue 2, Tor is not a goblin. From clue 6, Opi is not a goblin. From club 5, Som (because he uses a staff) is not a goblin. Also from clue 5, Som is not an ogre, so he is the Giant. Tor and Opi must be the ogres.
One of the goblins used a sling (clue 4), and they used no staffs (clue 2), so they used two clubs. The third club was not used by Opi (clue 6), so it was used by Tor. Opi therefore used the 2nd staff. And Zeb did not use a club (from clue 7), so he was the sling-user.
Final and only answer:
Opi Ogre Staff
Rido Goblin Club
Som Giant Staff
Sumo Goblin Club
Tor Ogre Club
Zeb Goblin Sling