Elfum and four of his friends- Ekum, Epum, Eskum and Evum gathered together frequently to play their musical instruments. One played a flute, one played a horn, one played a drum, one played a gourd instrument and one played a lyre (albeit not necessarily in that order.)
Each of four of the five friends lived near one of the others. It is known that:
- The one who played the flute lived next door to Eskum.
- Epum lived adjacent to the one who played the lyre, who was not Eskum.
- Evum, who did not play the drum, did not live near the one who played the flute.
- The one who played the horn and the one who played the flute, who was not Ekum, were neighbors.
- Ekum did not play the gourd or the drum.
From the above statements, determine who played which instrument and who lived near which of the others.
One answer is
Elfum ( Flute Player) next to Eskum(Horn Player) next to Evum ( Gourd player) next to Epum ( Drum Player ) next to Ekum ( Lyre player )
Posted by Salil
on 2014-02-21 00:27:18