• There are precisely 100 lights in a huge room.
• A switch panel outside the room has 100 switches each corresponding to one light in the room.
• None of the switches or lights are labeled, so its extremely difficult to identify which switches turns on which light.
• Stan is standing outside of the room and his task is to map each switch to its corresponding light using a marker pen.
• He has to accomplish this mapping in a minimum number of trips to the room.
• Initially all the lights are turned off.
Determine the minimum number of times Stan needs to enter the room to complete the mapping of each switch to its corresponding light.
• To check the state of a light Stan must enter the room. He cannot check it from outside.
• There is nothing related to the heating of a light.