At a family reunion, I met four distant cousing who are all in the US military. They each came in their dress uniforms, two from the Army, and two from the Navy. When I asked them their names, and where they were stationed, Terry and Tracy told the truth, but Lee and Loren lied. This was especially confusing because all four names could belong to either a man or a woman. Here is what they each said:
- The male sailor is Terry.
- Tracy isn't stationed in Afghanistan.
- The female sailor isn't Terry.
- Loren isn't the person stationed in Texas.
- The male soldier is Lee.
- The female sailor is Loren.
- A sailor is stationed in Hawaii.
- Tracy is stationed in Afghanistan.
Help me figure out who is who, and where they are all stationed (one is in Kuwait).
The answer is given in terms of the following table:
Name Gender Army/Navy Type Station
Lee Male Navy Liar Hawaii
Loren Male Army Liar Kuwait
Terry Female Army Knight Texas
Tracy Female Navy Knight Afghanistan