Precisely 7 boards are arranged in a straight line. Their colors are:
blue, brown, green, orange, purple, red, and yellow - albeit not necessarily in that order.
It is known that:
- Red is next to blue.
- Purple is somewhere to the left of green.
- There is precisely one board between yellow and red.
- There are exactly two boards between brown and blue.
- Blue is the 4th board from the left.
- Orange is directly between yellow and purple.
Determine the precise order of these seven boards.
Using rules 3 and 6, either purple/orange/yellow/***/red or red/***/yellow/orange/purple. Since rule 5 puts blue in the middle, purple will be either the first or the last board, and rule 2 makes it the first.
Then rule 4 places brown, green gets the remaining empty board so that the solution is:
Rule 1 isn't needed.
Posted by xdog
on 2022-09-13 11:34:43