Here is the clue as it was printed:
Four children (Betty, Bobby, Billy, and Brian) enter a store selling bikes, balls, and balloons, each of which come in blue, brown, or beige.The missing clue should have read, "A balloon was not purchased by _________" However, Larry cannot remember what should be in the blank to make the problem solvable.
From the clues below, determine what each child purchased:
- Betty did not purchase a balloon.
- Bobby and Billy purchased the same color item, which was not brown. Betty and Bobby purchased the same item.
- Betty thought it best to purchase a brown item.
- Brian is the only one who purchased both his item and his color.
- A brown ball was not purchased. Neither was a blue bike.
What should be in the blank?