During lunch hour at school, a group of five boys from Miss Jones' home room visited a nearby lunch wagon. One of the five boys took a candy bar without paying for it. When the boys were questioned by the school principal, they made the following statements in respective order:
1. Rex: "Neither Earl nor I did it."
2. Jack: "It was Rex or Abe."
3. Abe: "Both Rex and Jack are liars."
4. Dan: "Abe's statement is not true; one of them is lying and the other is speaking the truth."
5. Earl: "What Dan said is wrong."
When Miss Jones was consulted, she said, "Three of these boys are knights, but two are liars." Assuming that Miss Jones is correct, can you determine who took the candy bar?