Ms. Posey invested some of her money into five companies. She recently learnt how much money she made or lost in each.
Using the clues provided below, determine what product each company sold, how much Ms.Posey invested in each, and her loss or profit.
Names of the companies, products, amount invested and profit (or loss) for the investment are given below (albeit, not necessarily in that order):
Companies: Anderson & Co., Cranston & Co., Crowe & Co., Gowin & Co., Stuart & Co.
Products: Aluminium, Paint, Paper, Siding, Soft drinks.
Amount Invested : $100, $200, $300, %500, %800
Profit/Loss: 5% loss, 10% profit, 15% profit, 20% loss, 30% profit
1. Stuart & Co. witnessed a 30% profit. Ms. Posey's profit for the product sold by that company was $30.
2. Ms. Posey made the most money from the company selling paint, which was neither Crowe & Co. nor Cranston & Co.
3. Aluminium was the worst investment made by Ms. Posey, costing her $160.
4. Anderson & Co. sells sidings. Cranston does not produce soft drinks.
5. Crowe & Co. showed a loss of 20%.
6. Ms. Posey invested $300 into Cranston & Co.
7. Her $200 investment cost her 5%.
8. Gowin & Co. returned $50 to Ms. Posey.
Stuart and Company sells soft drinks and witnessed 30% profit; invested $100
Anderson and Company sells siding and witnessed 5% loss; invested $200
Cranston and Company sells paper and witnessed 15% profit; invested $300
Gowin and Company sells paint and witnessed 10% profit; invested $500
Crowe and Company sells aluminum and witnessed 20% loss; invested $800
Posted by Demplez
on 2006-11-16 11:40:32