I have six tiles numbered 1 to 6. Each is a different shape, (triangle, circle, square, pentagon, hexagon and octagon) and painted a different color (red, orange, blue, yellow, green and purple.)
I arranged the tiles in two rows of 3.
1) The top row formed an odd number and the bottom row a prime number
2) In the bottom row the colors were in reverse alphabetical order.
3) The Blue Number 1 was between the orange tile and the Circle;
4) The Hexagon was directly above the Red triangle numbered 4.
5) One tile has a color and shape beginning with the same letter.
Can you reproduce the layout?
No you cannot reproduce the layout:
1+2+3+4+5+6 = 21 (an odd number)
All prime numbers (other than two) are odd numbers
All odd numbers are, well, odd numbers
an odd number + an odd number = an even number
1) cannot be correct given that the tiles are arranged in two rows
Posted by Ruth
on 2007-02-25 11:26:02