The players took turns drawing a card from another player’s hand; drawing continued until one player was left with the singleton. When a pair was formed after a drawing, the pair was discarded
After drawing a card from a second player's hand and discarding a pair, some player would be left with no cards at some point; in that event the third player would draw from the second player's hand when it was her turn to draw.
Near the end of each game:
- Doris held just one card, Laura held just two cards and, Renee held just two cards; the combined hands contained two pairs and a singleton, but no one hand contained a pair.
- Doris drew a card from Laura's hand and could not form a pair.
- Laura was to draw a card from Renee's hand, after which Renee was to draw a card from Doris' hand.
- No player was to hold the same hand twice in any one game.
- The player who was to be left with the singleton was to be left with it for the first time.