At a party, Gerald saw Kathy standing alone at a punch bowl.
- There were nineteen people altogether at the party who belonged to one of the three groups: unattached, engaged or married.
- Each of seven people came alone; each of the rest came with a member of the opposite sex.
- The couples who came to the party were either engaged to each other or married to each other.
- The women who came alone were unattached.
- No man who came alone was engaged.
- The number of engaged men present equaled the number of married men present.
- The number of married men who came alone equaled the number of unattached men who came alone.
- Of the married women, engaged women, and unattached women present, Kathy belonged to the largest group.
- Gerald, who was unattached, wanted to know which group of women Kathy belonged to.
Which one of the three groups did Kathy belong to?