- Cade has six red stamps and three blue ones.
- In his collection, seven stamps are from Argentina and six stamps are from Sweden.
- One stamp is purple and it is not from Argentina or Sweden.
- Two of his Argentine stamps are red and one is blue.
- Two of his Swedish stamps are blue and three are red.
What is the minimum number of stamps that Cade can have?
Cade has 7 Argentine stamps: 2 red, 1 blue and 4 others.
Cade has 6 Swedish stamps: 3 red, 2 blue and 1 other.
That accounts for all his blue stamps, but there's also one red stamp that is not from one of these two countries, as well as a purple stamp that's also not from one of these two countries.
That makes 7 Argentine stamps + 6 Swedish + 2 other = 15,
not counting any others he may have, making 15 the minimum.
Posted by Charlie
on 2014-11-07 10:11:36