Bird feeders are much appreciated by our feathered friends during the cold winter months. One chilly morning, Mrs. Allison and four neighbors each filled her feeder with a different kind of food and watched a different type of bird come for a bite.
From the information given, determine the number on each woman's house, the type of food she put out, and which bird she saw.
- Cake crumbs were put out by Mrs. Brewer's next-door neighbor, while Mrs. Chandler put out toast.
- Mrs. Emery, who did not see a sparrow, lives at number 8. Mrs. Dennis is not at number 10.
- Mrs. Allison was visited by a thrush, while a robin enjoyed a taste of suet.
- Birdseed was put out at the house located between the one where a cardinal ate and the one visited by a sparrow.
- The blackbird visited the bird feeder at number 2, which was not filled with bread.
Mrs Allison lives in house 6 put out birdseed and saw the thrush. Mrs Emery lives in house 8 put out suet and saw the robin. Mrs Brewer lives in house 4 put out bread and saw the sparrow. Mrs Chandler lives in house 10 put out toast and saw the cardinal. Mrs Dennis lives in house 2 put out cake crumbs and saw the blackbird.
Posted by john
on 2006-05-29 22:24:30