Bird feeders are much appreciated by our feathered friends during the cold winter months. One chilly morning, Mrs. Allison and four neighbors each filled her feeder with a different kind of food and watched a different type of bird come for a bite.
From the information given, determine the number on each woman's house, the type of food she put out, and which bird she saw.
- Cake crumbs were put out by Mrs. Brewer's next-door neighbor, while Mrs. Chandler put out toast.
- Mrs. Emery, who did not see a sparrow, lives at number 8. Mrs. Dennis is not at number 10.
- Mrs. Allison was visited by a thrush, while a robin enjoyed a taste of suet.
- Birdseed was put out at the house located between the one where a cardinal ate and the one visited by a sparrow.
- The blackbird visited the bird feeder at number 2, which was not filled with bread.
(In reply to re: solution
Yeah, but isn't toast bread? I make toast out of bread. Sometimes I forget about it and the little internal switch mechanism in the toaster doesn't release and I start a fire and spend a week trying to get the smell out of the walls. Some people say they like burnt toast. I don't really believe them, I just think they are too proud to admit that they left it in the toaster too long so they pretend to enjoy it. It takes a lot of courage to admit you made a mistake. Especially when it means some people won't respect you anymore. No one ever said life was going to be easy though.
My girlfriend (ex-girlfriend actually, but we still - you know) weighs about a hundred pounds. If I throw her into a river whose current is 6 miles per hour, will I have time to finish my toast before she drowns?
Posted by Eric
on 2003-11-29 03:44:34