WATAE TXLAL PDIBI MGTBU YBTMM FJBJW KBEIZ SGLZQ CCOCT XMQHM QSLFS
AOBFX QQRCK CJSME XFHLT GYSJN QEQUM FNPIZ ZMCWE PXQOD UIDLO SXLCV
CGIWI UIVYC HLYAE TKYKY RVOVZ FJWAR RCYCN SSJNN ADVZB BMQJQ UVGKC
UCPVN BGRZA EVOMF THBSK OZUYQ QDGUO FUIAT XOWPN QESJM MUHHU XBTMM
NYGYF YFNFH VIATB UOHPD QVJAT AEYLT MQTLE EXBTH MMYCT BDDAX
Determine what this cipher says, and the method of encryption, using the following hints:
- It is not a simple substitution cipher.
- Both the original plain text message and the encrypted message contain 270 characters (maybe with meaningless filler characters at the end).
- Only one rather simple method of encryption has been used.
- The encryption method is fairly robust. In other words, an error (while encrypting or decrypting) does not scramble the entire remaining message. Some very complicated ciphers have this problem.
- In the encrypted text, M and T appear most often, and R appears least often (I do not think these facts help at all).
- Both the original plain text and the encrypted message read from left to right.
- You might be able to guess the full text after determining only the first three words.
(In reply to Some Thoughts
How do I get a monospaced font? Using <font> tags doesn't seem to work.
Use <tt> and </tt>.
Once reaching a certain level in flooble, you can start using <pre>. I don't recall which level.
Key : PPPPP GGGGG KKKKK KKKKK WWWWW
Txt : WATAE TXLAL PDIBI MGTBU YBTMM
Posted by Charlie
on 2003-12-06 00:44:10