A poet has just finished his holiday shopping, getting gifts for twelve people, numbered one through twelve. He bought two gifts for each person, but forgot which two gifts those were for each person. Which two gifts go with each person 1-12?
Gifts purchased: wool gloves, a silk thing, stripe ring, shades, some furs, gray ring, Muslim ring, myrrh, visa, swords, asleep king, pens, king words, tan sling, wrench, plumbing, bronze, sun wings, day peas, eclair tea, mole, smart pigeon, diapers, doll.
It rhymes with The 12 Days of Christmas.
1. smart pigeon, eclair tea (partridge in a pear tree)
2. myrrh, wool gloves (turtle doves)
3. wrench, pens (French hens)
4. doll, king words (calling birds)
5. mole, sun wings (golden rings)
6. visa, gray ring (geese a-laying)
7. bronze, Muslim ring (swans a-swimming)
8. shades, a silk thing (maids a-milking)
9. day peas, tan sling (ladies dancing)
10. swords, asleep king (lords a-leaping)
11. diapers, stripe ring (pipers piping)
12. some furs, plumbing (drummers drumming)
Posted by Math Man
on 2011-01-11 22:25:31