Alfonso has forgotten the password of his safe. However he remembers that:
- The number is a ten digit positive integer using each of the digits from 0 to 9 exactly once.
- The sum of the 2nd, 5th, 6th and 8th digits is a single digit number.
- The 4th digit is a perfect square.
- The 3rd digit is 1
- The sum of the 4th and 7th digits is a perfect square.
- The value of the 10th digit is twice that of the 2nd digit.
- The product of the 4th digit and the 6th digit is equal to that of the 2nd digit and the 10th digit.
- 5 is next to 6 but not 4.
From the above clues, can you help Alfonso to crack the password to open the safe?
Solved using a grid. It would be too tedious to explain in words each of the steps, but I just went down the list and crossed out any values that were ruled out.
Posted by tomarken
on 2014-03-17 09:12:26