I have six tiles numbered 1 to 6. Each is a different shape, (triangle, circle, square, pentagon, hexagon and octagon) and painted a different color (red, orange, blue, yellow, green and purple.)
I arranged the tiles in two rows of 3.
1) The top row formed an odd number and the bottom row a prime number
2) In the bottom row the colors were in reverse alphabetical order.
3) The Blue Number 1 was between the orange tile and the Circle;
4) The Hexagon was directly above the Red triangle numbered 4.
5) One tile has a color and shape beginning with the same letter.
Can you reproduce the layout?
(In reply to Missing information?
When this was in the queue, I hadn't noticed that clue 2 had changed from specifying both colors and shapes being in reverse alphabetical order, to only colors. It was solvable on the basis of both those features being in reverse alphabetic order.
Posted by Charlie
on 2007-02-24 16:10:38