What conclusion can you draw from the following statements?
- Some alligators carry umbrellas in the shower.
- Only those that know that flying fish live in trees prefer caramel candy to chocolate.
- Certain days are set aside for alligators to watch rabbits play hockey.
- Some large reptiles are steeplechasers.
- Only steeplechasers can watch hockey games.
- Those alligators that carry umbrellas in the shower know that flying fish live in the trees.
- Those that prefer chocolate to caramel candy cannot be steeplechasers.
- Steeplechasers are vegetarians.
Watching Hockey Games is a subset of Steeplechasers which in turn is a subset of ones who prefer Caramel candy over Chocolate. Group who carry umbrella to Shower and the group who prefer Caramel candy over Chocolate are subsets of the group which know that the flying fish live in trees and they may or maynot intersect. The group which know that Flying fish live in trees and Group of Alligators are intersecting sets. The group which carry umbrella to shower and who watch hockey intersect with Group of Alligators. All conclusions can now be derived.
Posted by Salil
on 2014-01-02 02:59:30